- 2 Cups Hamburger (or ground Turkey if you prefer)
- 1 Cup of Rice (Cooked)
- 1 Small onion (diced, or less depending on your taste)
- 2 Roma Tomatoes (diced)
- 5-6 Large Green Bell Peppers (you can also use yellow, red or orange)
- 2 small eggs
- 1/4 Cup of Tomato Paste (or Ketchup)
- 1 1/2 Cups of Queso Fresco Cheese (crumbled)
- 2 large Serrano Peppers (diced, and depending on if you like spicy)
- 1 Tbs of oregano
- I a large bowl combine uncooked hamburger, diced onions, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, oregano and the diced Serrano Peppers. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add to the hamburger mixture.
- Use your hands to mix everything together. I use my hands because I think it works best, but you can mix it any way you like. Make sure to get the egg mixed in good.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large pan put enough water to cover the whole Bell Peppers, let the water boil and then add the Bell Peppers and bring to a boil again. I let them boil for about 10 minutes until they are soft and a lighter green, but not so soft that they are falling apart.
- Drain the water off the peppers and let them sit until they are cool to the touch, and then cut the tops off and scoop out the seeds.
- Stuff each pepper with the hamburger mixture and place on a cookie sheet and cook them for about 30 minutes. You can tell when there almost done when the hamburger starts pulling away from the sides of the bell pepper.
- Take them out and top each one with the crumbled cheese and put back into the oven for about 5 minutes. The cheese want melt all of the way because of the type it is, but it is delicious!
- Take them out of the oven and serve with the side items of your choice. ENJOY!
You can always put more of the cheese on top, that is what I do, because the cheese doesn’t stay on top of the peppers very well.
Do you have a good recipe to make with Bell Peppers? If so feel free to share it!